INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST YOUTUBE Image Map

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Ugly Christmas lights turned chic



  I know the sound on that video is awful. I swear it wasn't like that before I uploaded it to YouTube. I am going to write out some instructions as well because of the bad quality of video.
DISCLAIMER: Please when using Christmas tree lights around small children practice caution.

Materials

  • ugly Christmas lights
  • tulle (rolls or bolt)
  • scissors


Instructions

  1. Tie your tulle onto the end of your cord and knot. (If using the bolt just cut off strips of tulle)
  2. Begin wrapping the cord with the tulle.
  3. When you come to a light simply wrap the tulle around once or twice.
  4. When you have finished wrapping the cord with tulle you may begin adding the bows to the lights. To start, cut smaller strands of tulle. I like about 10 inches or so. Begin tying small individual bows around the lights.(I prefer to make a knot around the base of the light/cord.)
  5. Admire your beautiful work.

Finished Product Photos:
(these haven't been edited but they give you an idea of how they will look before the "prettying" process.)








ENJOY, Have Fun and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
♥TIFFANY♥

2 comments:

  1. Ok now I am going to have to dig through my Christmas decorations and do this! I need to take pictures of my kids and this is a great idea thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Glad you liked it. You are very welcome.

    ReplyDelete