INSTAGRAM TWITTER PINTEREST YOUTUBE Image Map

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dr. Seuss Playrom


before and after


 I have wanted to do something extra fun and creative in my kids playroom. We all love the Dr. Seuss books and more recently the movies.  
Months and months ago I purchased Dr. Seuss fabric to make my son a diaper. I made one diaper and then hoarded the rest of it away. When I finally decided that this was the theme I wanted to decorate the room in.. sadly the fabric was the first thing that I pulled out... the pillows and cushions turned out fabulously though so the fabric was well used.

Following the pillow projects: scrap blanket.

I headed to the dollar tree next and purchased a bunch of different baskets and bins.

Bought duct tape to convert the plain white dresser, little people table and green table.
Once I started the green table I had this great idea to modge podge pages from a ripped up book to the top. I think it is one of my most favorite pieces in this room.




Finally, I worked on the truffula trees. I plan on making a few more. Larger and in different colors.


When I start making the rest of the truffula trees I will make a quick tutorial for them.
Hope this inspired you.
Happy creating.
Tiffany




2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for a play room! You are definitely very creative to come up with all those neat ideas! :-)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I am very happy with how it turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete